[ubuntu-uk] Bash and Path checks

Cornelius Mostert corneliusmostert at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:33:11 BST 2009

Thanx but I am familiar with / in Linux and \ in windows... i saw a
script use \ as i did and naturally I assumes (incorrectly though)
that it is also | (pipe) but backward pipe like <, come to think of it
the path the person wanted to append to the variable a path that
contained a space in it so that is why he used the \ to make the
script use the space in the path and not think that it is a second
parameter...

UMmmm Note to self and others try not to use spaces in file paths :-)
but then again you guys know that ...