[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 8.10 - upgrade of svn to 1.5 or 1.6

Werner F. Bruhin werner.bruhin at free.fr
Wed Apr 15 21:23:10 BST 2009

Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> Philip Stubbs wrote:
>> 2009/4/15 Werner F. Bruhin <werner.bruhin at free.fr>:
>>> I just upgraded my Ubuntu machine which I mainly use for my svn
>>> repository.  Reason to upgrade was to get of svn 1.4.3 to something more
>>> recent, i.e. 1.5.x or even better 1.6.1.
Just for the archive.

After getting Ubuntu 8.10 totally up to date using Update Manager and
then doing a reboot of the machine I had SVN on 1.5.1 which is the
version supported/included by Ubuntu for 8.10.

This is advanced enough for me for the moment, so will not further
search on how I could get up to 1.6.x of SVN.

Thanks
Werner