[ubuntu-uk] Joiku wireless connection......

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:00:40 BST 2009

2009/4/7 John <jakewc2 at sky.com>:
> Been still trying a few things out, to get this to work. I have discovered
> that I tried to connect to Joiku via a windows xp machine, and found I could
> connect really easily using both 68 and 128 bits encryption. So it makes me
> think that there might be something wrong with my network adaptor. Before I
> try to install the WICD, I wonderd if there might be a way to try repair the
> Network manager instead.

[snip]

> So, does anybody have any ideas about repairing the Network manager? If will
> even work?

Before when I've had problems with Network Manager, I've created a new
user and logged into Ubuntu using that and it's fixed the problems
with NM. I think this is because NM stores some of its settings in the
user's profile. If that doesn't work, I recommend trying WICD, as I've
found it less buggy than NM.