[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu spotting in Bracknell

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sat Apr 4 19:36:40 BST 2009

http://www.be-heard.co.uk/volunteering.html

The charity Be Heard has about three dozen members and most use the
internet enabled computers in their club rooms fairly regularly. One
of the four desktops has a touch screen, with an accessible-friendly
mouse and keyboard.

All four PCs run Ubuntu and over the two or more years the facility
has been running, there have been no problems, and interestingly, no
instruction nor training for the members, who just sat down and used
it all. Occasionally there is question about mp3 player etc.

(I am expecting to arrange Software Freedom Day this year in the town
centre
http://www.bracknelltowncouncil.gov.uk/bandstand.htm
in conjunction with a donations collection for this particular
charity. Any help will be appreciated )

If anyone in the bracknell area would like to get involved in a some
(ubuntu) volunteer work, please get in touch with me?
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391