[ubuntu-uk] Linux Expo Live

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 17 14:32:36 BST 2008

Robert McWilliam wrote:
> It looks like there is going to be a linux expo in London this year:
>
> http://www.linuxexpolive.co.uk/
>
> It's being held along side Creative Pro Expo and Mac Live Expo at
> Olympia 23-25 October.
>
> They're currently looking for groups to populate the .Org village:
> http://www.linuxexpo.org.uk/
>
> Are there any plant afoot for Ubuntu-UK to have a presence there, or
> is there any interest in making such plans?
>
> I'm going to be down that end of the country the following week
> anyway, so could add a few days to cover the Expo and help man a stand
> if there is.
>
>    Robert

Hi Robert,

I spoke to the event organisers and it sounded promising, they may even
give us a double stand.  However, they did want to know if Canonical
were having a stand on the main floor before agreeing.  This is being
pursued with Canonical, I'll let the list know of any development.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker