[ubuntu-uk] MIDI Writing Software

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Tue Sep 16 22:54:37 BST 2008

Guys,

I could do with some help locating a MIDI writing package for Ubuntu.
I'd like to be able to write music on the computer, and for that to then
get played back to me by some midi engine.  I'd like to be able to write
multiple tracks and play them back ontop of each other.

Everything I've found for this so far seems to be external-input based.
Whereas I'd like to be able to point and click adding notes, lengths
.etc.  There was some Windows Software from way_back_when called MIDI
Orchestrator Plus! by Voyetra, that would be perfect.. but I've lost the
disk, so can't try it under wine.

Hopefully someone will have some experience and be able to point me in
the right direction.

Regards,

andylockran