[ubuntu-uk] WTB: Ubuntu Laptop

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Wed Sep 3 12:13:34 BST 2008

Hey guys,

I'm quite a computer loving person and would like to be able to try
and use FOSS applications that come out during the time I am at
University. I'd also like to be able to emulate consoles up to, and
including, PS1 so that I can play the older games I love and no longer
have functional consoles for. My current laptop has a Intel Pentium M
715 / 1.5 GHz and so I would like to build upon it. Which is why the
the Intel Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5550 (1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2
cache) is essential. Then I'll have 2 gig of RAM where I currently
have 512mb. I have a 100GB HDD at the moment but a 120GB HDD
(standard) is fine anyway as I can always buy an external HDD for
storage.

I'm thinking it'll be £492.41 or £522.41 (both including VAT and
shipping) depending on whether I want the 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280
x 800) Display with TrueLife or the 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA+ (1440 x
900) Display with TrueLife. I just have to check my savings and see if
I can really part with that cash.

Jai