[ubuntu-uk] building a new pc for 08.10!!!

James Milligan lake54 at lake54.com
Sat Oct 25 15:37:51 BST 2008

Address for the manual:
http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/manual/english/an-m2_an-m2hd.zip

From: ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-uk-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Javad Ayaz
Sent: 25 October 2008 15:35
To: British Ubuntu Talk
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-uk] building a new pc for 08.10!!!

The motherboard is an abit AN-m2HD. its a few years old!

2008/10/25 Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk>

Javad Ayaz wrote:
> In anticipation of the new Ubuntu im builiding a new pc. Im just
> wondering if someone can clarify something regarding the hardware i have.
>
> i have cables marked with things like "mic- in, mic-bias, Return L,
> Return R, GND, VCC1, I+D, I-D, IGND" on my case
> I cant seem to see where to connect these on my motheboard!! I managed
> to connect all other hardware like hard drives and DVD roms.
>
> My apologies for the un-ubuntu-ness of this!
>
> Regards
>
> Javad

What motherboard do you have?

Some motherboards (actually I'd guess probably all these days) have
connections for front audio ports on the case.  Some boards allow these
and the rear connections to be connected at the same time.

If you can post the motherboard make and model we'll be able to check
the manual online and advise better.

Rob

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/