[ubuntu-uk] building a new pc for 08.10!!!

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 15:30:35 BST 2008

Javad Ayaz wrote:
> In anticipation of the new Ubuntu im builiding a new pc. Im just
> wondering if someone can clarify something regarding the hardware i have.
>
> i have cables marked with things like "mic- in, mic-bias, Return L,
> Return R, GND, VCC1, I+D, I-D, IGND" on my case
> I cant seem to see where to connect these on my motheboard!! I managed
> to connect all other hardware like hard drives and DVD roms.
>
> My apologies for the un-ubuntu-ness of this!
>
> Regards
>
> Javad

What motherboard do you have?

Some motherboards (actually I'd guess probably all these days) have
connections for front audio ports on the case.  Some boards allow these
and the rear connections to be connected at the same time.

If you can post the motherboard make and model we'll be able to check
the manual online and advise better.

Rob