[ubuntu-uk] update failure

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Wed Oct 22 10:52:57 BST 2008

Yes, but 8.04 is just so conservative in comparison...

I sort of understand why they do these conservative LTS releases, but
I find them stifling... and, to be honest, I've not really had any
great issues with 8.10 up to now.  In fact, it's been a lot easier
than previous alphas and betas that I've installed which I've driven
Paul (Sladen) mad with banal questions about on IM... only issue I had
was that the display didn't work on my laptop so I Googled and had to
disable something or other (too long ago, forget - openglx or
something similar, perhaps?) but not causing me an issue since.

Sean