[ubuntu-uk] [ANNOUNCE] Time for a change

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 18 01:05:55 BST 2008

Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just over a year ago [0] I was narrowly voted in as the Point of
> Contact (PoC) for the UK LoCo team. I've enjoyed the role, but feel
> that the team is in need of invigoration, and as such I will stand
> down from the post as of 30th November 2008.

<SNIP>

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you're standing down, hope you feel you've done a good job
to date. Well done on your contribution, and I feel comfortable you'll
still be just as active in the -uk community.

You seem to have outlined a good proposal for a seamless handover, and
I'm sure you'll aide the new person into their new role.  Hopefully a
more formal process will avoid previous issues.  Now, we need to rally
lots of enthusiasm for this.  We need plenty of candidates and
(hopefully), more voters :).

Good luck on future projects, and I hope this gives you more time for
greater things.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker