[ubuntu-uk] ssh dialogue box.

David Restall - System Administrator dave at restall.net
Sat Nov 29 18:45:34 GMT 2008

Hi,

if I have an ssh key with a passphrase, whenever I use that key, a
dialogue box pops up.  Why ?  What's wrong with asking me from the term
I'm using ? Who's idea of policy is this ?  It's stupid and breaks the
workflow up.  Is there any way of disabling this behaviour - apart from
setting up my ssh keys without a passphrase.  8.10 BTW.

I thought of doing apt-get remove ssh-askpass but this wants to remove
ubuntu-desktop which is a problem :-(

Does anybody think this is a good idea ?  Popping a dialogue box up
could really break some expect scripts.

I fail to see the logic of this feature.  I really do, can somebody tell
me in simple terms what it's supposed to achieve ?

As far as I can see, this is the curse of Debian - unnecessary tinkering
with a system that works very well :-(.

Regards,

Dave
uk-2008-11-29.tx                               ubuntu-uk ubuntu-users
| Dave Restall, Computer Nerd, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger          |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave at restall.net                     Web : Not Ready Yet :-(       |