[ubuntu-uk] Disk Usage Analyzer is reporting file system capacity as 4.9 GB. This must be wrong.

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 17:27:28 GMT 2008

Alex,

Alex Birchall wrote:
> Well, I have been able to verify that in fact this server has Windows XP
> installed as well as Ubuntu.
>
> So what I want to do is actually get rid of Windows XP and devote the
> entire hard disk to the Ubuntu server.
>
> What would be the easiest way of doing that?

I would start by booting from a desktop install CD and then gparted
(System->Administration->Partition Editor) and use it to delete the
Windows partition and then move and resize the Ubuntu partition.

It's possible that gparted may not let you do all the operations you
need to on the existing partitions, in which case I would resort to a
re-install!

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk