[ubuntu-uk] PCI Tv tuner cards

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 00:19:18 GMT 2008

piskie wrote:
> Hey people - a little bit of help or misdirection needed - :)
>
> Looking for recommendations for a PCI tv tuner card which works without
> TOO much trouble.
>
> Mostly using Intrepid - sometimes Jaunty - but not worried about bugs
> there for obvious reasons as yet.
>
> Nvidia GeForce6200 card if it makes a difference.
>
> Thanks
>

> piskie

I'd also suggest the Hauppage cards, they're probably the best supported
cards out of the box.

You don't mention if you want an analogue tuner card or a Freeview card.
  If you want an Analogue one then probably anything with a BT848 or
BT878 chipset would work (which covers most analogue PCI TV Tuner
cards).  For Digital cards check out this site...

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You'd be looking for DVB cards (DVB-T for Terestrial i.e. Freeview, and
DVB-S for Freesat).

Rob