[ubuntu-uk] Voting process, was: Voting Opens For Team Leader

Philip Wyett philwyett at gmx.com
Mon Nov 17 09:38:46 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 18:14 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> 2008/11/16 Matthew Daubney <daubers at gmail.com>:
> > I'll stick this in this thread as it's related. Will there be a chance
> > to discuss the election process once it's finished?
> There was an opportunity between my first mail on the subject and the
> start of November :)
> However I came up with the plan after very little discussion, so yes,
> it would make sense for us to plan ahead for the next time.
> I'm interested in whether people think this should be a post which
> rotates based on a particular schedule such as yearly, or whether the
> person holding the post should just carry on until challenged, or
> until they decide to step down. Certainly all worth talking about.
> Cheers,
> Al.

Personally, I would go with a time scheduled election say once a year.
The option of until someone is challenged would mean a team lead was not
really doing as they should be and it has reached a point of tension
where one or more people want the individual out of office and that kind
of tension and division would not be the best for the group.