[ubuntu-uk] Launch Party

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sun Nov 16 19:44:32 GMT 2008

Christopher Swift wrote:
> Hello, I'm sorry but which launch party are you referring to? You said
> 9.04 which is a year off, why not wait until 8.10 for Jaunty? To my
> knowledge, the costs of CDs, labels, printers etc are all paid by the
> person who contributed it and not some mainstream organisation.
>
> Can you elaborate on which version that you are supposed to be talking
> about because 9.04 is a whole 349 days away... (Sorry if I sound
> sarcastic).

I am assuming the said launch party would be for 9.04, however depending
on when the launch party takes place, we may need cd's for 8.10 which is
the current release,  if these are given away people at least get a
taste of ubuntu and would perhaps attend a follow up event to get 9.04
installed,

9.04 is due april 2009 AFAIK,  as so thats like 6 momths,

sorry this is a new thread as this was first mentioned in a thread
related to voting, so i replied to that so decided to start a new thread
for a launch party.  see thread

[ubuntu-uk] Launch Party Was : Re: Important: Voting Opens For Team
Leader which started this off

I just thought such an event should be in its own thread, and the sooner
that starts in a new one its easier for all of us.  I just wanted to ask
some questions,

Paul