[ubuntu-uk] Configuring Virgin cable modem

Steve Laming laming2000 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 15 11:10:33 GMT 2008

Hi again Dianne,

If you know the IP address of the router, you should just be able to ping
that if the card is working and configured correctly.

I assume that you haven't used the network interface before as you were
using USB.

Can you see it if you do lspci at a terminal?

If not is the network interface on the motherboard?  If it is, make sure
it's not disabled in the PC's bios. If it's a PCI card, Make sure it's
seated properly.

Looking on the Ubuntu forums, it doesn't appear to be a particularly common
problem which makes me think that it *MAY* be a hardware issue.

Do you have access to another card to try?

Steve