[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Posters

Matt Jones matt at mattjones.me.uk
Fri Nov 14 23:28:59 GMT 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:

> 2008/11/14 alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com>:
> > I really like the idea of bumper stickers!
> > Bumper stickers of any reasonable quality - with some water and UV
> > resistance - are not particularly cheap. I have modified oval stickers
> > for my bumpers, and they are still fading. In fact the standard gloss
> > paper Ubuntu Sticker is surprisingly good if you dont mind keeping an
> > occasional eye on it for replacement.
>
> Mine:-
>
> http://gallery.popey.com/gallery/v/bbq3/Img_309.jpg.html
>
> It's lasted quite well actually. Starting to fade a bit though.
> Although of course mine is not strictly a car sticker because it's on
> the outside. I guess ones on the inside would weather better but would
> certainly fade in the sun.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

For DIY stickers, this stuff http://linkpot.net/odious/
is fantastic, although expensive. I used it for the ORG laptop skin I made,
it prints just like glossy photo paper but it has a microfibre surface so it
is basically waterproof.(I left a freshly printed strip in a jar of water
and over about 4 hours it did bleed a bit but this was probably an extreme
example). If anyone could let me know of somewhere cheaper than just under
£1 a sheet then it would be handy!