[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Posters

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Fri Nov 14 21:54:07 GMT 2008

I think Paul has hit on something important here. A lot of software,
including FOSS, likes to default to US Letter size, a size which is
alien to people outside of North America.

And considering Ubuntu is from South Africa (not the USA, like
Microsoft), we really need to have any posters, etc., using the
international standard paper sizes like A4, A3, A2, etc.

With some distros (I forget which), despite selecting my location as
London, UK, when installing, I still find that some software defaults to
things like US Letter size and inches, instead of A4 and millimetres
(including Firefox 2 on Linux, but not in Windows; Firefox 3 works with
the proper UK settings).

David King