[ubuntu-uk] usb boot ?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sun Nov 9 22:04:31 GMT 2008

Ted wrote:
> I am trying to install Ubi to a usb stick but keep getting a grub error
> when I boot from it...I have installed Puppy Linux to a usb stick and
> that boots ok..My question is if puppy will boot from the usb port should
> other distros boot from it ?

I guess you are using the 8.10 version with make bootable usb facility?

I have also been using this, at first with many failures. I discovered
that the process will happily accept a fat16 formatted stick but this
will not boot!

My solution was to format the stick fat32 before I started, then even
if it was formatted again in the process,  (or not) it always worked
:-)
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user