[ubuntu-uk] TV Out from Mythbuntu not in colour

Seif Attar iam at seifattar.net
Sat Nov 8 00:14:59 GMT 2008

piskie wrote:
> not sure then - I'm fairly positive that was all I needed to add, but I
> could be mistaken.
>
> The only other difference being that I use seperate x screens rather
> than clone
>
> Als my tv seems to show 2 outputs from svideo input - av2 and yc2 - av2
> is b/w - yc2 is colour

I had a black/white problem too, it was also solved by changing the
option on the television itself for the input, look for options where
you can enable s video or disable rgb. i think it has something to do
with 4 pin s video cables and scart adapter's pin connections, if my
memory serves me right there's a hack you can do (soldering required) to
fix the scart adapter. It's been a while since I looked into this and I
don't remember the details, try fiddling with the options on your
television for inputs or s video settings, that was enough for me.

Goodluck
Seif