[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu 8.10

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 2 17:44:38 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

>> > One most peculiar fault which I have not been able to correct is with
>> > Evolution Mail. I cannot send or receive mail because the button to
>> > send/receive is greyed out. Any suggestions would be gratefully
>> > received. Otherwise, Ubuntu does it again.
>>
>> I did a search for 'evolution mail send receive greyed' and I got this
>> relevant result,
>
> Thank you very much. Why is it I always forget the fund of information
> available from Google?

In some cases it is an issue of picking the suitable keywords.

The above URL has the workaround. The canonical way to deal properly
with this is a bug report
at launchpad.net, with an issue 'Evolution Mail switches to Offline
mode after distro upgrade',
and then look for a bug report at the Evolution Mail bug management website, at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=evolution
Finally, link the bugzilla.gnome.org report to the Launchpad page.

Simos