[ubuntu-uk] intro

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat Nov 1 17:53:53 GMT 2008

Hi

I am paul, from Paignton, South Devon and decided to join the list so I
could help promote Linux and other OSS better by being able to hopefully
be part of a wider more co-ordinated efforts, rather than trying to do
this on my own.

While I currently use debian as my main distro i have a 2nd PC that i
have installed ubuntu 8.04 on, and have downloaded the 8.10 and booted
this up as a live cd to have a look at, from what I have seen it looks
very nice

I have also designed some ubuntu posters which are at www.ubuntu.com
under downloads then in a ubuntu folder,  these are free to use,  so
feel free to download and print off, and more importantly perhaps
improve on,  i have used graphics from the ubuntu website to help me
design the posters as the site has screen shots which  helped me
illistrate what ubuntu looks like.

Look forward to  taking part in local events, and local advocacy

Paul