[ubuntu-uk] How to sync Liferea on two PCs

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Sat May 31 19:03:22 BST 2008

LeeGroups wrote:
> Rsync shouldn't mess up the folder structure, I use it to do backups of
> my photos, and there are 1,000's of them in hundreds of folders.
> I'd guess that you've got a dodgy option in there somewhere.
> If the permissions are getting lost, why not just reset them when you've
> rsync'ed the files back to the local drive.

Lee >>> You're right - rsync didn't mess up the directory structure on
the drive;  but the 'folders' within Liferea were missing.  (Liferea
allows you to 'group' feeds under headings of your choice;  and it was
this that didn't get preserved - something going wrong with the Liferea
cache and database files?)

I may have been misleading by mentioning permissions;  I suspect it's
the owner/group information that matters, and that's what's getting lost
(though I'd be the first to admit I don't really understand Unix
ownerships/permissions).

But frankly reading some news feeds is not a serious enough matter to
spend time reconstructing the data in order to use get a synced view of
Liferea. ;-)

Mac