[ubuntu-uk] Is this news?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri May 23 10:00:17 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 09:13 +0100, Craig wrote:
> Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, just saw it and thought it
> interesting. Mark Shuttleworth's interview with the Guardian doesn't
> really say much as far as I could tell.
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-9950552-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Having played with Ubuntu Mobile here at UDS, I like it, it's very cool.
There's actually two separate products/projects/teams in the Ubuntu
mobile space. One is for specific hardware devices and is only available
pre-installed on those devices. The other is a generic ubuntu image
which can be downloaded and installed on your own devices. It could be
used for example on the EeePC or other small devices.

Cheers,
Al.