[ubuntu-uk] CTRL+ALT+F(n)

Michael Holloway michael at thedarkwinter.com
Mon May 19 11:10:07 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 10:59 +0100, Andrew Oakley wrote:
> Michael Holloway wrote:
> >> sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
> >> sudo X -configure
> >> sudo mv <location given for your new xorg> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> >> Haven't tried it yet, but will when I get home to my laptop. Would
> >> appreciate it if you could let me know if this fixes it!
> > Well after running that, it completely messed up my xorg.conf,
>
> Eeek! Sorry.

Haha, no worriies. Me and my xorg.conf have become close buddies since i
got a laptop with and Intel GMA 3100 (965 chipset). Last time i make
that mistake!

> > Only problem is now i have an american keyboard!
>
> System menu - Preferences - Layout tab - Add... - Layout: United Kingdom
> - Variants: Default - Add - and click Default radio button

Yip, just done it (except using KDE "system settings" method). All is
working perfectly now.

Not really sure If/How/Under what package I should list this as a bug. I
guess under xorg?