[ubuntu-uk] {Spam?} Re: transferring files between Ubuntu and XP slow!!!!

Tan Xuan You xuan.tan07 at imperial.ac.uk
Sat May 17 12:23:15 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 12:11 +0100, Sean Miller wrote:
> Xuan, what's a rollover cable used for?
>
> Sean

It's used to connect a router console output to a PC input. Most
commonly found on Cisco routers actually.

It doesn't talk TCP/IP I think. IIRC I used to connect using telnet over
a serial line, and the cable was a weird blue hybrid with a serial jack
on one end and a RJ45 head on the other end. =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_cable
http://www.jlsnet.co.uk/index.php?page=cc_dialup

XuanYou