[ubuntu-uk] {Spam?} Re: transferring files between Ubuntu and XP slow!!!!

Javad Ayaz javadayaz at gmail.com
Sat May 17 08:35:15 BST 2008

ok a bit of an update for all.

Ive connected the two pcs together with a cable. Im afraid i dont know what
kind of cable it is as it came with the modem. I had already tried this
cable and it hadnt worked previously.
anyway ive messed around with the settings changing and then changing back
to how they were. Anyway some option has changed as it appears to be working
now...at full capacity. i was able to transfer a 4gb file in about 8
mins-ish!!!

so a big thank you to all who contributed in this thread.

On a side note...i was on the Linksys website speaking to their rep...who
advised to update to a new firmware.!

cheers