[ubuntu-uk] watch tv on ubuntu!

Tan Xuan You xuan.tan07 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon May 12 10:17:14 BST 2008

I have my doubts regarding this Zattoo program in the UK.

As I read it, once anyone receives a television program in real-time in
the UK, they are liable for TV Licensing.

Zattoo seems like such a program, albeit having a different transmission
media (p2p over the net instead of RF transmission).

One might argue that due to the fact that p2p is recorded (by the Zattoo
people, apparently under license) and retransmitted, then it's okay.

But I still think that this goes against the intent of the TV Licensing
policy.

Any thoughts?