[ubuntu-uk] Rhythmbox not resuming after youtube play

Josh Blacker jkblacker at gmail.com
Thu May 1 23:11:06 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 06:36 +0000, matt at mattjones.me.uk wrote:
> Quoting Michael Wood <admin at x3n.me.uk>:
>
> > Josh Blacker wrote:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> Before I submit this as a bug, just wondered if anyone could replicate
> >> this problem I have in Hardy.
> >>
> >> With firefox and rhythmbox open initially, playing something in
> >> rhythmbox, I pause rhythmbox to watch a youtube video. After watching
> >> the video (i.e. it coming to an end, closing the tab or even closing
> >> firefox), I am unable to resume playback in rhythmbox from either the
> >> otherwise working multimedia keys on my laptop or indeed from within
> >> rhythmbox, which must be restarted (forced to quit and opened again) to
> >> play any sound.
> >>
> >> One final thing - I am guessing this is a pulseaudio problem as well, so
> >> do I report against rhythmbox or pulseaudio?
> >>

> > Test to see if you can replicate the same problem with Totem "Movie
> > Player". if the same problem happens It would be safe to rule out the
> > bug being in rhythmbox, I'd say you should then file a bug with pulseaudio.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Michael Wood (X3N on IRC)
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
> >

> I have had this problem too, and doesn't seem to be affected by
> changing between alsa or pulseaud1io. I will do some more
> experimenting when I get home.
>
> Mj

Thanks for the replies guys - sorry I've not been back to you, had a
little exam to prepare for today so that's been my priority!

Different combinations of programmes seem to affect this differently on
my machine - for example, pausing a dvd to watch a youtube video
(admittedly, I'm not sure why you'd want to do that!) results in no
sound for youtube - so I guess it's a pulseaudio bug.

--
All the best,
Josh Blacker