[ubuntu-uk] Jobs

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Mon Mar 31 12:27:36 BST 2008

Jonathon Tinsley wrote:
> I've just been made redundant... anyone know where I could find a job
> working with Ubuntu, preferably sysadmin sort of work (trainee or
> junior).

Where are you located, and where would you consider relocating or
commuting to?

Is your experience solely Ubuntu (ie. through the GUI) or do you have
more general Linux command-line server experience that could translate
to Debian / Red Hat / Centos?

In your CV, state which commonly-used skills you have (eg. Samba,
Bind/DNS, Apache, Sendmail, Postfix, MySQL, Oracle, PHP, Perl, Python,
Ruby, routing etc). You could also post a link/URL to your CV to this
mailing list.

 > I'm on jobserve.com, is there any other good jobs boards that
> you use?

computerweekly.com/jobs is by far the best UK tech jobs site.

totaljobs.com and monster.co.uk are also good.

If you're near me, in Gloucestershire or Worcestershire, try:

http://www.names.co.uk/jobs.html
http://www.messagelabs.co.uk/careers
http://www.gchq.gov.uk/recruitment

...who are all heavy Linux houses.