[ubuntu-uk] Icon225 USB modem

Ciemon Dunville ciemon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:17:59 GMT 2008

On 24/03/2008, Rob Beard <rob at esdelle.co.uk> wrote:
>  Does /dev/ttyUSB* exist at all?
>
>  The 3 modem has a ttyUSB0 device.
>
>  Not sure if that would help.  You might also be worth trying the
>  Vodaphone software (as mentioned in one of my posts) which appears to
>  detect a couple of different modems.
>
>  Rob

Thanks for the suggestion Rob

The problem with this device is that it has all the software to use it
with Windows on the stick. This means that it's seen as a CD-ROM when
it's mounted, which it is possible to get around, and I have that
sussed now.

The device is now seen as:

-Control port /dev/ttyHS0
-Application port /dev/ttyHS1
-Diagnostics port /dev/ttyHS2
-Modem port /dev/ttyHS3

I've tried the Vodaphone software, which doesn't quite work as this
modem isn't specifically supported (yet)

You mentioned in the other threat getting some settings through a
Windows box that you were going to write up. I wonder if you've
managed to do that yet? The other thing I need to explore some more is
wvdial, although how 3G/GPRS and wvdial work I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Ciemon