[ubuntu-uk] Capitalising on XP's demise

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:07:14 GMT 2008

On 25/03/2008, Paul Mellors <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:
> This type of stuff really gets on my tits, no offence Josh :)  But stop
>  fricking MS bashing, if you don't want to use MS products don't, but
>  there are people out there that do so let em.....

You make a good point in that we should be careful not to insult MS
and their products when promoting Ubuntu, but Josh didn't actually
insult them and I don't think that was the aim of his post. Most
people don't know they have an option other than Windows and IME have
been very happy to discover an alternative.

Josh: I think it's a great idea, if targeted at the right people in
the right way. I'm not sure how much influence my MP has, but it would
be great if I could get him to try Ubuntu! I don't know who else it
would be worth trying to target though? I don't really know of any
local organisations in my area.

It would be great if we could tie this into the Hardy release, as
that's very close to the June deadline.