[ubuntu-uk] huawei e220 modem help

Ben annonymouse at vodafone.net
Mon Mar 24 10:57:48 GMT 2008

hi there
i work for vodafone and use ubuntu i have got a vodafone e220 modem
working with our drivers and as 3's are identical product i do not see
why it shouldnt work with this readme file i have  put together i have
tried it on a unbranded e220 and works fine, im using ubuntu gutsy 7.10

first off your probs gonna need these repositories

sudo apt-get install python-dbus python-twisted python-serial
python-glade2 python-pysqlite2 wvdial nozomi-source python-notify
python-gnome2-extras xdg-utils python-tz

downloaded the Vodafone Mobile Connect Card Driver for Linux 1.99.17
(Debian Package).

then run (your current working directory needs to be the same directory
containing the file you just downloaded.)

dpkg -i vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux_1.99.17_i386.deb

then go to
/usr/bin/vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux

when the dashboard opens go into the tools profiles and create a new
profile

you can also get into the dashboard from applications> internet

let me know how u get on dont know how much help with error codes etc as
this is beta software but on a e220 card should be fine the office card
works and so does my girlfriends