[ubuntu-uk] Hardy Heron Release Party

Dave Walker davewalker at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 21 20:22:45 GMT 2008

Hi all,

It's that time of year again, to talk about release parties.

Hardy Heron (8.04) has now reached 'Beta' phase, and with stable
announcement being planned for April 24th we need to organise the
festive celebration.

Ubuntu-UK had a very successful Gutsy Gibbon (7.10) party[1].  This was
held in the Pembury Tavern, Hackney[2].  This was quite a good location,
Linux friendly and free wifi.

I expect some disagreement on the location, and therefore suggest
multiple parties - one up north, and one in the south.  I travelled
around 4 hours to attend the London one, and consider that as far as I
can reasonably travel without a /planned/ overnight stay.

I will buy drinks for anyone who travels over two hours to attend the
celebration. :)

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker

[1] http://daviey.mooo.com/ubuntu-uk/ubuntu-uk-release-party.html