[ubuntu-uk] Need advice re Super+Tab in Compiz

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:19:50 GMT 2008

I've just upgraded my Dell box from Feisty to Gutsy;  it has a Radeon
x300 graphics card, so I needed to install xserver-xgl to get Compiz
Fusion working.  Advanced Desktop Effects working fine now... Except
when I enable Ring Switcher or Shift Switcher, the key bindings
involving the 'Super' key don't work, which means these plugins don't
work at all.  (Alt+Tab works as it should for the Application Switcher
plugin.)

And I can't change the key bindings for Ring Switcher and Shift Switcher
- my attempted edits in the relevant section of the plugin options don't
work.  There's just a system beep when I press the 'Super'+Tab or
Alt+Tab;  but I can enter other useless characters, such as letters,
Shift, <, and similar.

When I enable one of the other 'Switcher' plugins and try to use
'Super'+Tab with say, a Firefox screen or a Thunderbird screen active,
it seems just to select the next field or item (e.g. text of hyperlinks
on the page in Firefox).  So it looks like there's some sort of key
binding being set elsewhere (Gnome?);  but I've no idea where to look,
or how to safely change this behaviour.

After hours of unproductive Googling, I was wondering if any of you good
folks have come across this -- and fixed it!

TIA

Mac