[ubuntu-uk] 32-bit chroot on Hardy

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 07:52:35 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

I have a pesky app which won't work on 64-bit Hardy.  Rather than mess
around installing a completely separate installation of 32-bit Ubuntu or
setting up a VM, I thought I'd have a go at setting up a 32-bit chroot.

It's been a couple of years since I setup a 32-bit chroot, and the only
thing I've found that makes any sense is this guide...

I've done the dbootstrap command (substituting hoary for hardy) and it
appears to install things.  I then get to the chroot command and type...

chroot /chroot/

It then says it can't find /bin/bash, but it's in /chroot/bin/bash.

I just wondered if anyone had sucessfully got a 32-bit chroot working?

Ta,

Rob