[ubuntu-uk] Upgrade to Hardy: Fail!

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Tue Mar 11 22:11:24 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 20:45 +0000, Stephen Garton wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> I wanted to help log bugs etc in Hardy, but have hit a bit of a snag-
> I can't do anything apart from boot into recovery mode from grub! If I
> choose(or let grub choose) the default kernel, I get nothing.
>
> I can manually start up eth0 from the recovery console, is there any
> way I can downgrade to gutsy from the command line?

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help. I'm sorry it's not going well for you
so far.

The error messages that you get before being dropped in to the shell
would help us to diagnose the problem and try and fix it. Can you
transcribe at least the last few lines in to an email?

Also, it may be a kernel issue, do you have other kernels still
available in the grub menu?

Thanks,

James