[ubuntu-uk] Music to your ears, something new for the UK

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 20:15:08 GMT 2008

Ciemon Dunville wrote:
> Andy et al,
>
> Thanks for all the feedback, and I do mean all. Nothing ever happens
> without a negative side, and the secret is in understanding the
> negativity so that it can be appreciated for the next time.
>
> So far I think the only real criticism/comment has been the fact that
> I was too far away from the mic which is easily fixed.
>
> What we really need now is content suggestions, preferably recorded so
> that we can play it in the show. So what do you want to hear about? As
> the least technical member of the team I'm keen to make sure that the
> new user is catered for as much  as the experienced.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you all.
>
> Ciemon
> -cake master

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but having recently watched an
old episode of Micro Live (from the BBC in the 80's) there was a thing
about some footballer or someone buying his first computer for the
family.  It was something like an Atari 800XL or something.

Anyway, I wonder if it would be interesting to follow the progress of a
new Ubuntu user.  Not sure if you know someone local who's willing to
give Ubuntu a try and maybe document how they get on from over a couple
of episodes.  Maybe it might spur on other potential users to give
Ubuntu a try?

If I think of any other ideas I'll e-mail them to the list.

I'm off to listen to the podcast whilst I do the washing up.

Rob