[ubuntu-uk] [Marketing] How to increase OSS Exposure

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 11 19:54:02 GMT 2008

On 11/03/2008, andy <andy at zrmt.com> wrote:
>  Does anyone have an ideas how we should go about this?

An idea came to me while watching TV.
Channel 5 have this thing called "Your News"[1], maybe we should
contact them, might not make it in time for anything about Hardy's
release but might be able to organise something for the release after
that.

>  Is our current
>  growth rate acceptable/sustainable or should we be pushing for increased
>  growth rates?

More is good.

One of the main problems is the public sector are locked against us.
Many of the government agencies require the public to use .doc files
if you want to fill out stuff online[2], and there is the lack of
anything non Microsoft in education :(

We need to somehow combat the public sectors insistence that we use Windows.
We are not even on a level playing field here. FSFE don't appear to
have do much. I asked them about the BBCs windows only software and
they said it wasn't a priority. The UK is under-represented.

Oh well.

Andy

[1] http://www.fivetvonline.tv/your-news.php
[2] http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx
--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath