[ubuntu-uk] Music to your ears, something new for the UK

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 19:15:10 GMT 2008

Paul Mellors wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 15:53 +0000, Chris Rowson wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Ciemon Dunville <ciemon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Last weekend four of us got together, with four microphones and some
>>>  other gadgets to do a little recording.
>>>
>>>  The last few days has seen some frantic activity editing audio files,
>>>  and web pages so that we could launch the podcast.
>>>
>>>  I could post a lot more here, but I think I'll let the site and
>>>  podcast introduce themselves.
>>>
>>>  Ladies and Gents..... http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/
>>>
>>>  Cheers,
>>>
>>>  Ciemon
>>>
>> Hi folks.
>>
>> The last time I remember hearing any discussion about this, a planning
>> page seemed to have been created here:
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/PodcastProposal
>>
>> Were all the interested parties noted on that page kept involved, or
>> did this migrate away into a private project?
>>
>> I'm not being awkward, but it's harder to consider this the definitive
>> ubuntu-uk podcast if the ubuntu-uk team (as a whole) have had very
>> little to do with it.....
>>
>> Of course I could just be totally out of the loop and missed out on
>> all the planning and discussion surrounding this. If that's so then I
>> apologise unreservedly.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Chris
>>
> To say i'm a litle miffed off is a understatement....:)
>
> Paul

How I see it, it's a start.  Maybe in the future we could all maybe chip
in things for future pod casts?

(I'd love to chip something in, even if it's just an excuse to get more
experience working in a professional radio studio - something I should
really know for my job working in a radio station, but currently being a
trainee broadcast engineer and full time IT bod/Ubuntu promoter).

Rob