[ubuntu-uk] Music to your ears, something new for the UK

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:39:24 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I also enjoyed the show.  I can't see why people don't like the music,
> there is not too much of it, its fun and upbeat and completely different to
> anything else.

The music was pretty classy, and I think that it was very different, as
Ubuntu is a very different operating system, its quite appropriate :)

> I think the interviews really made the show.  I can't stand podcasts with
> just rehashed news and the general BS and swearing that goes on.

Haha, *cough*lugradio*cough* Although, I do really like lugradio... This was
more mature, more suitable, and the interviews really did make it a proper
podcast, that was of use to us.

> The TWIT.tv network produces a show called FLOSS WEEKLY, ironically about
> twice a year, but the main attraction of the show is the interviews with
> open source people.  I hope the Ubuntu-UK podcasters can get enough great
> interviews recorded to continue the brilliant start they have made with
> episode 1.

I agree, even if its not a very frequent release cycle, it would be nice to
keep some good Open Source Software and tech guys in to talk about topics.

--
Kris Douglas
Softdel Limited Hosting Services
Mail: kris at softdel.net