[ubuntu-uk] Music to your ears, something new for the UK

norman norman at littletank.org
Tue Mar 11 17:17:04 GMT 2008

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Ciemon Dunville <ciemon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Last weekend four of us got together, with four microphones and some
> >  other gadgets to do a little recording.
> >
> >  The last few days has seen some frantic activity editing audio files,
> >  and web pages so that we could launch the podcast.
> >
> >  I could post a lot more here, but I think I'll let the site and
> >  podcast introduce themselves.
> >
> >  Ladies and Gents..... http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/

I have read the comments so far and I am puzzled. If the object of the
exercise was to reproduce various interviews accompanied by visual
stimulation and accompanied by some jolly music then I believe the
object has been achieved. If, however, this was not the object then I
apologise for poking my oar in.

I cannot see how the content could be decided by a few hundred folk
putting their ideas forward and then setting up some sort of voting
system to choose the 'popular suggestions'. Then of course script has to
be written, spokespersons appointed, recording sessions set up by remote
control to overcome distance, editing and, of course the site has to be
set up monitored and maintained.

In my view what is needed is a small number of dedicated and skillful
persons to set the thing up and get it going and then hand it over to
the masses to get on with it.

Oh dear, what have I written? Isn't this what has happened?

Norman