[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron Alpha 6

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 18:01:03 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 17:25 +0000, Michael Holloway wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Hardy Heron is nearly here - Just a month and a half(ish) till final
> release!
>
> I see Alpha 6 is available. Has anyone tried it. How buggy/unusable is
> it for the Desktop?

Just my luck, I downloaded Hardy Alpha 5 only a couple of days ago.  Oh well, at least CDs are cheap.

I'm tempted to give it a try (I'm going to reinstall Ubuntu anyway tonight as I'm rebuilding my PC).

Alpha 5 was buggy in places, for instance the Screens & Graphics applet
wouldn't even see my video card.  I guess if you really want to try it
and don't have any important documents etc and don't mind the odd crash
and the possibility of a complete OS reinstall then go for it.  I'm
sure the feedback all helps.  If you're not so brave then maybe you should download it and have a play with it in VMWare or VirtualBox.

Rob