[ubuntu-uk] Cheap VPS hosting (was Ubuntu Minimal, Lighttpd, Perl CGI, PHP and & MySQL with Tiny Memory)

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:16:55 GMT 2008

On 3/7/08, Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/03/2008, Andrew Oakley <andrew at aoakley.com> wrote:
> >  In particular, my config is suitable for very cheap VPS hosting
> accounts
> >  such as vpsville.ca , tektonic.net , cheapvps.co.uk and so forth -
> >  basically your own root-access Internet server for less than five quid
> >  month!
>
> Has anyone tried any of these companies? I was tempted by
> vpsvillage.com, but cheapvps also looks interesting as it's based in
> the UK.

Forgive this shameless plug, but I am going to give you the site of a VPS
hosting company one of our KLUG members runs.
http://www.contextshift.co.uk/
We use it for our KLUG game server and Mumble server.  Works fine for us and
using them would be directly supporting the community. :-)
Thanks
Colin
Kent Linux User Group