[ubuntu-uk] where is everyone?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Mar 5 22:28:54 GMT 2008

Johnathon Tinsley wrote:
> ----- "Paul Mellors" <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:
>> uncommonly
>> >
>> > I have been trying to get to grips with copying old colour
>> > transparencies by using my digital camera, shooting in RAW and
>> using
>> > UFraw and Gimp to get a final image.
>> >
>> > Norman
>> >

>> I just hate you all and don't want to speak to you any more ;)
>>
>> MooDoo
>>

> Hiding. Work is very busy at the moment.
>
> Also, somebody commented to me a little while back (at a LUG meeting) that the Ubuntu-UK team never seem to do much.
>
> So, Randomly thinking, how about we try to organise a Ubucon [0] to make up for the lack of linux conferences this year.
>
> (The conference, I went to the 2006 one. It was rubbish. Most interesting part was the .org village. I *think* its because they charge exibitors [not .org pples] an extortionate amount of money for floor-space, i-net connection, power etc. Small businesses can't afford it...)
>
> This is just an initial "what do you think" email :)
> Johnathon
>
> [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/RunningAnUbucon

I like the idea. Please consider Bracknell Sorts Centre as a possible
venue?
M4/M3, easy parking. It is the venue of regular monthly computer fairs
and it could potentially also be used to attract a public exhibition area.

the venue- basic, hopefully cheap:
http://www.britishcomputerfairs.com/cgi-bin/floorplan?vnu_id=5

(with irrelevent soundtrack...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMUAjPERZ8