[ubuntu-uk] where is everyone?

Johnathon Tinsley kirrus at kirrus.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 19:24:45 GMT 2008

----- "Paul Mellors" <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 18:26 +0000, norman wrote:
> uncommonly
> >
> > I have been trying to get to grips with copying old colour
> > transparencies by using my digital camera, shooting in RAW and
> using
> > UFraw and Gimp to get a final image.
> >
> > Norman
> >

> I just hate you all and don't want to speak to you any more ;)
>
> MooDoo

Hiding. Work is very busy at the moment.

Also, somebody commented to me a little while back (at a LUG meeting) that the Ubuntu-UK team never seem to do much.

So, Randomly thinking, how about we try to organise a Ubucon [0] to make up for the lack of linux conferences this year.

(The conference, I went to the 2006 one. It was rubbish. Most interesting part was the .org village. I *think* its because they charge exibitors [not .org pples] an extortionate amount of money for floor-space, i-net connection, power etc. Small businesses can't afford it...)

This is just an initial "what do you think" email :)

Johnathon

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/RunningAnUbucon

--
Blog: http://www.kirrus.co.uk