[ubuntu-uk] MiniITX - was Re: Ubuntu based Community centre in Exeter - the latest

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 01:04:38 GMT 2008

Narrf wrote:
> Kris Douglas wrote:
>> Pricy? Dunno about You, but the mini-itx range of computing platforms
>> isn't the cheapest.
>
> Agreed, but I'm just suggesting a memory module that happens to be
> listed as a component on that site, NOT the whole mini-ITX form factor!
> :) I just happened to see them listed there, that is all.

I do like the look of some of the MiniITX kit, I'd love a Core2 based
MiniITX PC to plug into the telly.... Maybe if I win the lottery or
something I might be able to get one.

For now I've just stretched a DVI to HDMI cable to the TV, so I can get
Ubuntu up in HD quality (but the sound doesn't work in digital mode,
haven't figured that out yet - that's something for another day).

Rob