[ubuntu-uk] Pimp, then Distribute your Distro

James Hooker me at jameshooker.com
Tue Jun 24 18:48:33 BST 2008

Hi All -

Lets say I have a copy of fresh copy of Ubuntu installed, with all my
favorite packages installed as well as some custom stuff (/etc/
networking/interfaces file with static IP details, users setup, cron
jobs ready to go) - Is it possible to take a "snap shot" of that
distro that can be installed on another machine? (Example, if there
some old people in the village I live in, I can install that snapshot
distro on to their machines, and support them happily knowing the
exact configuration of the machines)

Thanks!

Rgds,