[ubuntu-uk] Post install additions

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:30:27 BST 2008

Alan Pope wrote:
> Here's a question for the group. If you install a clean Ubuntu system
> for yourself (or perhaps someone else), what are the key things you add
> to the system after, to get a "works for me" desktop?

Here's my list:

smbfs
thunderbird (+ Xpunge plugin) - install account on network drive to
access from any machine
firefox2 - with bookmarks.html on network drive to access from any
machine - not possible in FF3 :-(

firefox plugins:
	NoScript; adblock plus; adblock plus element hiding helper;
CustomizeGoogle; flashblock; safehistory; safecache (am I paranoid ?!?)
	DownThemAll!; Firebug; Web Developer; User Agent Switcher; PermaTabs;
ChromaTabs

Multi-media as per <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683>

compizconfig-settings-manager
gnome-compiz-manager

liferea
htop
clamtk
seahorse
filezilla
soundconverter
K3b
VLC
Wine

Then various other stuff as required, but not routinely as part of a
basic install

Mac